Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 3: Sleeping like a baby

I still have not had the experience to truly understand this phrase. Yes, Catie is fully capable of remaining asleep through Andy cutting woodshed parts in the basement, but she's awful loud! There are a never ending snurfles, grunts, and sighs emanating from her. We did have a good night though. Catie managed to sleep for 3-4 hours between feedings, and when she did wake up it was just to eat and then fall asleep again. Much, much better than our previous 2 nights when she refused to sleep unless she was being held.

After all that rest, she was raring to go this morning! We had a nice bath, did some laundry, played in the garden, watched daddy work on the woodshed, cleaned the kitchen a little, etc. I'm getting in a lot of practice with the fine art of baby wearing. Thank god for front carriers- I don't know if I'd be able to leave the couch without one!


1 comment:

  1. I agree completely on the baby-wearing thing - I've used both a sling and a Baby Bjorn and have found them both to be invaluable, each in its own way.

    Isn't it amazing how long 3-4 hours of sleep can seem? =)

    ReplyDelete